I teamed up with AZAZIE to bring you today’s post [AND GIVEAWAY!] about a subject that’s near and dear to my heart. As a photographer, I’ve been on both sides of the lens and one of the things I hate seeing is a person pose for a photograph when they’re uncomfortable.
Whether you are a bride or a bridesmaid, finding the right dress to compliment the big day can be quite the task. Last time I was a bridesmaid, I was lucky because the bride let me choose my dress.
Lets get down to brass tax. One of the most important issues central to a brides big day is getting amazing photos that capture the love that will surely last a lifetime. Nothing stops people from looking beautiful in a photo quite like an ill fitting or unflattering dress. Its really important that whatever you’re wearing, you wear it well and with ease so that your beauty can shine through when the cameras come out. So with that said, lets talk about finding the right bridesmaids dresses.
Here’s what you need to know before saying yes to the bridesmaids dress:
- Its your wedding, so you can go all out peach if you want, but be kind and at least consider that your bridesmaids probably have very different body types.
- If one or more of your bridesmaids is plus size, don’t make it a big issue – buy from a retailer, like AZAZIE, that carries a big size range.
- Avoid strapless styles. Unless all of your bridesmaids look great and feel great in strapless dresses, just avoid them. Don’t be a jerk.
- Do measure, again, and again. Nothing makes or breaks a dress like fit.
- Think about what will photograph well when choosing dresses. Fabrics that wrinkle are not good choices.
- If you want to, let your bridesmaids choose their dresses altogether, or from a limited selection of approved dresses.
- Cut out pictures of the bridesmaids dresses you’re considering and lay them out together with a picture of your dress. It will help you figure out if the overall look is cohesive.
- Be kind. Nothing beats kindness – especially if everyone is already expecting you to be a bridezilla.
Here are my favorite dresses from AZAZIE. I hope you love them as much as I do. They were made with care to my measurements and the experience, working with AZAZIE, was a delight. When I’m ready to take that walk down the aisle, I know where I’ll be looking for dresses! [links and fit guide below]
Don’t forget to head over to Instagram to enter my Giveaway!
Photos of the lilac and pink dress by A.EyeFashion
Dresses c/o AZAZIE. All opinions are my own.