A few years ago, I would have never, *I repeat* NEVER allowed someone to photograph me in a swimsuit. Now if you’ve been following me on instagram, you know I’m not hiding anymore. With all of the plus size swimwear available, where do you start looking for the right suit? I’ve tried on swimwear from several of the biggest retailers recently to provide you with what I think is a helpful swimwear guide. I hope this helps you find something that makes you feel as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside! You’ll need to know what suits cater to your body type. I’m not interested in talking about shapes overall – I think what matters most is that you know where to find a suit that fits your needs. I’ve listed a few categories – so scroll below.
2. I wear a DD-F cup. Bikini Top: I’m a 42 DD and I’m wearing a 3x and this top fits really well. It holds up in the pool and everything stays nicely in place. Bikini Top: I’m wearing a 3x. This bikini top fits well but doesn’t provide as much coverage as the one pictured above it.
3. I’ve got a really flat stomach and I want to show it off! This bikini isn’t as high waisted as some of the other’s you’ll find below. The flounce style in the top will accentuate the waist. Bikini
5. High waisted please. Now if you’re like me and you don’t have a flat tummy, you love a truly high waisted bikini bottom. I’ve tried the following collections: Gabi Fresh, Target, Forever 21, Monifc and Jessica Simpson. And for me, the ones that stood out as being truly high enough waisted were the ones I tried on at Forever 21 and Monifc. A high waisted bikini bottom provides a lot more coverage and I feel more comfortable with a little more coverage. Here are some of my favorite bikini bottoms from both retailers:
Bikini bottom: This bottom has a lot more coverage than the Forever 21 bottom.
6. I want a mid-high waisted suit! Pink bikini
7. I want to show off my legs! Now you may not have realized it when you saw this suit on the models – and you may not see it in the photo of me below but this swimsuit has strings which you can cinch up on the sides – if you do this, it will sit much higher on your hips making your legs appear longer.
Now if you still haven’t found the right suit, here are some gorgeous swimsuits that I’m currently coveting: